Children across the world are invited to become the inventors of tomorrow, by drawing invention ideas to imagine what our world might look like in the future.
The most ingenious ideas will be shown in the Sharjah’s Children Biennial exhibition and the best ones will also be brought to life by worldwide professional makers, artists and designers.
SCB LI challenge resources
The Sharjah Children Biennial will take place in February 2019 and this is your chance to take part by entering the Future as big as your imagination challenge!
Download for freeDownload
Terms and conditions
- If you are the parent or guardian of a child who wishes to enter this competition, please read these terms and conditions on behalf of your child before they enter. Each entrant who is a child must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter and, by giving your consent, you (the parent or guardian) agrees that the below terms and conditions apply to each entry submitted by your child.
- Each entrant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Sharjah Children Biennial reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award any prize, to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
WHO ARE THE PROMOTERS?
- The promoters of this competition are:
- Little Inventors Worldwide Limited (registration no. 10344685) (the “Little Inventors”). Correspondence address: 26 Granville Court Newcastle Upon Tyne NE2 1QT
- Sharjah Children Centers (registration no.17823/8) (“SCC”). Correspondence address: P.O.Box 27433, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
WHO CAN ENTER AND HOW LONG DOES THE COMPETITION RUN FOR?
- The competition is open to children aged 6-18 worldwide provided that the entrant has permission from their parent or guardian to enter, (except employees of Little Inventors or SCB, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw).
- Entrants may be asked to provide proof of permission from their parent or guardian to enter this competition. If such proof cannot be provided then unfortunately the relevant entry may be disqualified.
- The competition will run from 1st October 2018 (the "Opening Date") to 30 November 2018 (the "Closing Date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by no later than the Closing Date. All entries received after 23.59pm on the Closing Date regrettably cannot be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter: (i) download the resource pack available on the Sharjah Little Inventors’ website (www.littleinventors.org) and print out the challenge invention sheet provided; and (ii) draw your invention idea on the challenge invention sheet, scan the whole sheet and then upload the scan of your idea(s) in jpeg, png or gif format to the Sharjah Little Inventors’ website before the competition closes.
- Each entrant may submit up to a maximum of 5 entries but no entrant can win more than one prize.
- Neither Little Inventors nor SCB accept any responsibility for entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or which fail to reach Little Inventors by the close of the competition for any reason (including, without limitation, technical issues).
- Copies of each entry submitted will not be returned.
- In relation to each entry submitted by them, the entrant confirms that:
- the entry is completely their own original work and does not copy or include any third party’s work;
- there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict use of any images or other works included in each entry submitted by them;
- they grant each of Little Inventors and SCB a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence for the full term of copyright, to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, display and sublicense rights in the works contained in each entry submitted by them; and
- they waive all moral rights in and to each entry.
- Each entry may be displayed on the Little Inventors and/or SCB websites (at the discretion of Little Inventors and SCB respectively) and/or on social media and any other electronic media and/or at launch event(s).
WHO WILL JUDGE THE ENTRIES?
- Little Inventors will share all entries with SCB. Little Inventors and SCB will be judging the competition together. The winning entries will be those that the judges consider to be the most inventive, creative and original. The decision of Little Inventors and SCB is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
WINNERS AND RUNNERS UP
- The top 10 winning invention drawings will receive prizes. Further invention ideas will be selected for making and displaying at the Sharjah Children Biennial in February 2019. Judging of entries will occur after the Closing Date and the Winner and the Runners Up will be determined by the end of December 2018.
- The prize for the Winners will be: (i) Up to 100 of the most ingenious inventions worldwide will be made real by professional makers, designers and artists. (ii) the selected invention idea that are made real will be exhibited in February 2019 as part of the Sharjah Children Biennial. Little Inventors and (iii) SCB retain the discretion to determine the exhibition placement which the winning invention ideas will be displayed (e.g. location at the exhibition event.) and the final selection criteria is subject to any required release/consent forms being signed by the entrant and their parent/guardian if applicable. (iiii) The top ten invention drawings will also receive a prize (prize TBC).
- The Winners will be notified by email (using details provided with the Winner’s entry) on or before 30th December and must provide a postal address within 21 days of being notified of their win in order to claim their Prize. Names of the Winner and Runners Up will also be posted on the Little Inventors website and each entrant consents to such publication by entering the competition.
- All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Little Inventors and SCB reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equivalent or higher value if circumstances beyond their individual control makes it necessary to do so.
PUBLICITY AND DATA USE
- The Winners may be requested to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name, age and invention ideas in any media. Entrants shall seek permission from a parent or guardian prior to any publication of such entrants details.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
- Little Inventors and SCB reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Little Inventors and SCB, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment occurring as a result of entering the competition or accepting a prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by the laws of the United Arab Emirates as applied in the Emirates of Sharjah, and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of Sharjah courts.